Saturday 30 April 2011

Ruby the Sensible Girl: an introduction.

My name is Ruby. All my life, I have been a sensible girl. Here are some examples of how I am and have been, sensible:

* I have neat handwriting and excellent spelling. This may have led to my sensible career as a teacher. Being a teacher has meant that I have the urge to laminate everything. (If only I could laminate this blog.) 
* I married my first love (very sensible, low-risk). 
* I have just bought my first home (townhouse, good investment, sensible choice). 
* I wear flat shoes. 
* I sew. 
* I love films, but not films that will make me feel tense. 
* I drink tea, but not coffee. 
* I am the model eldest child. 
* My drink of choice is a Gin and Tonic, popular with Nannas the world over.
* I read classics. 

See? Sensible. 

There have been times in my life when it has occurred to me that being sensible has meant that I am boring. Perhaps others who lead more glittering lives might find my particular brand of sensible to be boring, but I am more than satisfied with my sensible life. My friends have urged me to write a blog, and so I decided to write about a sensible girl's life.

As an aside, the most rebellious thing I have done was to pierce my bellybutton, age 17. It took me nearly ten years to admit to myself that it was trashy and uncomfortable, and to remove it.



No comments:

Post a Comment